Preparing your camera bag is a big part of getting ready for a shoot.
You want to make sure you have everything you need, but also don't want to bring everything but the kitchen sink. Here's a peek at what's in my camera bag:
- Camera body. I think this is pretty self-explanatory 😜 One of my goals is to purchase a new camera body so I have a spare.
- Lenses. I'm a prime lens girl, so I usually have a few options handy. My favorite lens is a 50mm, but if I have the room or am outdoors an 85mm is so dreamy! I also carry a 35mm if I might be indoors or space is an issue.
- Extra memory cards. I've never maxed out a memory card on a shoot, but I'm a little paranoid that one will become corrupt! Having extras puts my mind at ease.
- Lens cleaning supplies. Even if you're really careful, dust or smudges can get on your lenses. It's good to carry at least a lens cloth to wipe your lens and keep it clean.
- Wallet. I typically carry a slim wallet with just the essentials. Something light is definitely a necessity on shoot days.
- Hand sanitizer and mask. Because...COVID.
- Phone. For the obvious reasons, but also in case I have the opportunity to capture some behind-the-scenes moments.